Installing StyleCopPlus

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Hello,

I think that I succeeded to install StyleCop+ but not completely.

When I open the settings.stylecop file in the C:\program files\StyleCop I see the group of StyleCop+ and its rules.

But when I create a new CSharp project and open from its properties the StyleCop Settings I do not see the StyleCop+ group!

And the violations of the StyleCop+ rules are not displayed

Any idea of how to solv this problem?

Thank you?

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Hi maymoned,

Have you opted in for "MSBuild integration" when installed StyleCop?

Some time ago StyleCop had a bug which resulted in two StyleCop.dll files (one in Program Files folder and another one in MSBuild folder). One of them was used when opening out-of-box settings editor, and another one when running from Visual Studio. This bug was fixed, but what you describe sounds very similar.

You can try the following:

1. Find all StyleCop.dll files in your hard drive. Normally, there should be only one.

2. If you don't need MSBuild integration, try to re-install StyleCop without this option.

3. Check versions you're using. The latest ones are StyleCop 4.7.5.0 and StyleCop+ 1.6.

Did it help?

Best regards,
Oleg Shuruev

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Thank you for your help,

1. I have only one version of Stylecop.dll

2. I have re-installed StyleCop without the MSBuild integration

3. I am using StyleCop 4.7.4.0 and StyleCop+ 1.5

When I open the StyleCop settings by Right-Click on the project name inside Visual Studio this window is displayed (without StyleCopPlus)

When I open the StyleCop settings by Double-Click on the Settings.StyleCop in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\StyleCop 4.7 in the file system this window is displayed (with StyleCoPlus)

Can you help?

Maymone D.

Sent: יום ב 16 ינואר 2012 01:00
To: maymoned@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Installing StyleCopPlus [stylecopplus:286200]

Hi maymoned,

Have you opted in for "MSBuild integration" when installed StyleCop?

Some time ago StyleCop had a bug which resulted in two StyleCop.dll files (one in Program Files folder and another one in MSBuild folder). One of them was used when opening out-of-box settings editor, and another one when running from Visual Studio. This bug was fixed, but what you describe sounds very similar.

You can try the following:

1. Find all StyleCop.dll files in your hard drive. Normally, there should be only one.

2. If you don't need MSBuild integration, try to re-install StyleCop without this option.

3. Check versions you're using. The latest ones are StyleCop 4.7.5.0 and StyleCop+ 1.6.

Did it help?

Best regards,
Oleg Shuruev

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM
maymoned wrote:
3. I am using StyleCop 4.7.4.0 and StyleCop+ 1.5

StyleCop+ 1.5 doesn't work with StyleCop 4.7.4.0, it was built for 4.6.3.0.
StyleCop+ 1.6 works with StyleCop 4.7.5.0.

If you installed these versions, it would help I suppose.

Best regards,
Oleg Shuruev