Build for StyleCop 4.4.1.2?

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Hi,

Thanks for this project.  The new and improved Naming Rules are GREAT!

Any chance you can create a build for StyleCop 4.4.1.2?  I'd like to get access to its support for <inheritdoc /> but cannot force all the devs on the team to edit their VS and MSBUILD .config files.

Thanks again!

Brandon

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the feedback!

Regarding your question, it is already possible.
The main StyleCop+ binary is currently "bound" to StyleCop version 4.4.0.14 only because 4.4.0.14 is the "recommended" one.
If you have another StyleCop version you should just setup assembly bindings.

Could you please have a look at Compatibility Issues page?
In your case XXXXX value will be "4.4.0.0-4.4.99.99" and YYYYY value will be "4.4.1.2".

Could you please try to run it and tell the result?

Thank you!

P.S. If you have some proposals regarding the contents of "Compatibility Issues" page, I would appreciate to hear them.
Maybe something could be described in more details, or anything else.

Best regards,
Oleg Shuruev

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Hi Oleg,

I've read the compatibility section and I could certainly make the necessary changes for my personal computer, but I cannot really push that sort of change to all of the other development machines so I am forced to use 4.4.0.14 because it is xcopy-deployable: I can just put stylecop and stylecop+ inside the solution and it will work for everyone without installation steps on each machine.

Is the source code for stylecop+ available?  I did not see it on the source code tab, If it were available, then I could just compile it for 4.4.1.2.

Thanks again

Brandon

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 4:53 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Brandon,

I finally got what your problem is.

Here is StyleCop+ 1.0 compiled for StyleCop 4.4.1.2:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18455712/StyleCopPlusReleases/1.0-4.4.1.2/Shuruev.StyleCop.CSharp.Rules.dll

Will you please try it out?

Regarding source code - unfortunately it is currently unavailable by some reasons beyond my control.
Maybe situation will change in future. Of course, you can use Reflector to obtain any things you want.

Best regards,
Oleg Shuruev

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Hey Oleg,

Thanks ALOT!  That worked perfectly.  Perhaps you can add it as an alternate download for others like me :)

Brandon